Transportation and Parking
Make commuting more affordable
Save on payroll taxes and help your employees save money on work-related transportation expenses with a Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRA). Offered as part of your company's benefit package, this tax-advantaged account helps your employees reduce their taxable income by setting aside pre-tax dollars reserved for their commuting costs while reducing your organization's payroll tax liability. A true win-win.
What's a TRA?
A Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont TRA allows your employees to set aside a portion of their salary, pre- tax, to pay for certain transit, parking, and vanpool commuting expenses. By paying for these expenses with pre-tax dollars, your employees decrease their taxable income, pay less taxes, and in-turn allow your business to save on payroll taxes.
Benefits of a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont TRA:
- Take advantage of one low monthly participant fee for both transit/vanpool and parking accounts
- Enjoy the ease and convenience of a single administrator
- Provide employees with one location to manage the TRA alongside their medical spending accounts
There are two plans with the TRA
Transportation payment options:
- Pre-paid MasterCard®
- Commuter Check Voucher
- Smart Card
- Fare Media
- Parking Cash Reimbursement
- Parking Direct Pay
Employees enroll in the TRA benefit offering.
Your employees estimate their monthly expenses to determine how much to contribute to their TRA each month.
Your employees easily make their election by logging into their Online Member Service Center
Help. When and where you need it.
Visit www.bcbsvt.com/mymoney to manage your account anytime, any place.
If you want to talk to a real person, call our specially trained customer service team toll-free at 1-866-999-2605.
Convenience gets people where they need to go
Fees and pricing
Annual employer fee
Monthly participant fee*
Ready to speak with someone about offering TRA to your employee group?
* PAPM includes both parking and transit/vanpool accounts or (855) 363-2583 for information about the ease of administration and benefits of working with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont.