Benefits of a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont TRA
- Use pre-tax dollars to pay for work-related transportation expenses
- Unused money from your TRA will roll over from month to month
- When you use a TRA, your take-home pay is increased, since the money in the account is taken out as pre-tax dollars
The two plans offered in a TRA
- Includes bicycles for secure storage
- Includes multiple-occupancy vehicles such as cars, vans or trucks, or single- occupancy vehicles, such as motorcycles
- Must be near work or near a commuter site
Public Transportation and Vanpools
- Passes for metro transit systems
- Vanpooling can be employer, employee, private or publicly operated
- Van must be used for transporting people to places of employment
|Year||Qualified parking||Transit Passes and Vanpooling Combined|
|2022||not yet announced||not yet announced|
Convenience gets you where you need to go
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont's TRA offers a variety of payment options to fit your needs. Whether it's commuting by transit, vanpool or pay to park, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont has you covered.
|Public transportation and vanpools||Parking|
|Commuter Check Vouchers||X||X|
|Parking Direct Pay||X|
|Parking Cash Reimbursements||X|
Commuter Check Vouchers: The most flexible way to pay for transit, vanpool and parking expenses, these vouchers can be used at the transit authority or parking facility of choice.
Pre-paid MasterCard®: Employees can swipe and go with this re-loadable debit card that can be used at designated transit agencies and parking facilities.
Fare Media: With fare media, you can stop waiting in line to buy transit passes or tickets and order passes directly to home.
Smart Cards: With smart cards, you can enjoy the convenience of loading pre-tax dollars to a transit smart card from the Online Member Service Center.
Parking Direct Pay: Let us send payments on your behalf directly to a parking provider on a monthly basis.
Parking Cash Reimbursements: The ultimate flexible option if you park on an occasional basis, use multiple parking lots or use a provider who doesn't accept checks. you can send in receipts to receive reimbursement by check or direct deposit.
How to Enroll
In order to enroll in an TRA, the account must be offered through an employer. Your employer or benefits administrator will guide you through enrollment. Once you've enrolled, you can register at www.bcbsvt.com/mymoney and click Make Election to order benefits.